Engineering Design & Tooling
Custom Extrusions Engineered for Excellence
Crescent Plastics’ engineering team is closely involved with the program management of your custom extrusions project. Upon receiving CAD files for your part—or a sketch of your concept—we are there every step of the way. This includes the design and manufacturing of the extrusion and fabrication tools, the sampling of the tool for your approval, and repeated production runs for the entire life of the program.
Our team is proud to say that we:
- Build and design, IN-HOUSE, all tooling for standard and custom extrusions, including most of our secondary extrusion equipment like pullers and traveling saws. This creates very short lead times and takes away outside labor costs, which in-effect drives down pricing for our customers.
- Have in-house tooling facilities equipped with state-of-the-art wire EDM machines and CNC machining centers.
- Utilize CAD/CAM design and programming software.
- Provide compressed lead time via the in-house design and manufacturing of fabrication and extrusion tools.
- Utilize in-house tooling optimized for production efficiency, production quality, and longevity.
We partner with you by providing Design For Manufacturability (DFM) assistance for your custom extrusions to ensure that the most cost effective and functional design is achieved for your project. Our engineers utilize the latest in AutoCad Inventor and Solid Edge CAD modeling technologies to assist you in optimizing the design fabrication and extrusion tools. The Crescent team of engineers and highly skilled tooling technicians work together to design and manufacture tooling for your engineered plastic extrusions to guarantee the fastest turn around time.
Prototype Services to Support High Volume Production
Crescent Plastics has the in-house tooling capabilities to produce prototype tooling which will provide parts that are representative of production quality including the exact material type, color, clarity, finish, and part geometry. This type of tooling is not suitable for high volume but achieves samples in compressed lead time and is usually available at a reduced cost. Further production tooling can utilize prototype components for saving toward completed production tooling.
In addition, 3-D printing is available to provide prototypes for shape and fit analysis. Parts are made from PLA material and are opaque with a somewhat rough surface resulting from the printing process. The surface can be sanded for a smoother finish, resulting in a final product that is both neat and professional.
Crescent Plastics Has the Capacity to Support Your Needs
Our highly-skilled team can get your job done the right way. Request a quote today to learn more about how we can help solve your custom extrusion challenges.