PVC Waterfront Systems and Marine Applications
For dock lifts, boat guides, bumpers, rub rails, and other watercraft containment systems, flexible PVC is a great plastic to consider. While there are a variety of material options for use in the water, PVC is one of the best because of the wide variety of benefits that it provides for boating equipment.
PVC is a marine plastic that is lightweight and cost-effective, making it perfect for marine applications. PVC boat guides make loading and unloading your boat easier than ever, and maintenance-free PVC helps guide your watercraft onto the lift for proper positioning.
Crescent Plastics supplies flexible PVC that is perfect for boat lifts, boat trailer guides, and any other waterfront system. We have vast experience suppling the perfect plastic materials for a wide range of marine applications.
Crescent Plastics has manufactured rub rails for boats and docks. Our custom made rub rails can be made to the hardness required for your application in white or black. Parts can be provided in straight lengths or can be coiled in spools.
Vinyl Boat Covers
Crescent Plastics can manufacture a custom made vinyl cover for boat lifts or bunks to protect the hull of any size boat. We will work with you to find the correct hardness of vinyl for your application. Our Engineers will also assist in helping you with the design for ease of manufacturing at your facility. We will work with you to provide a product to help you reduce your lead time to service your customers in timely efficient manner.
Benefits of Maintenance-Free PVC for Boat Lifts and Guides
PVC is one of the best materials to use on the water for many reasons. The material is inexpensive and widely available, making it a preferred choice to steel or copper. The durable material can also stand up to harsh chemicals, corrosive salt water, and harmful UV rays.
Some advantages of our PVC for the marine industry include:
- Lightweight: If boat accessories are too heavy, they could upset the balance of the boat. PVC is lightweight, but still durable enough to work for water applications and boat accessories. Its lighter weight also makes it good for fuel efficiency and speed.
- Weather resistance: PVC can be specially formulated to be weather-resistant. Our PVC materials are versatile and able to accept a range of surface treatments, making them the ideal material choice for outdoor applications.
- UV resistance: In addition to being weather-resistant, PVC is also resistant to UV rays, making it a great plastic material to use outdoors.
- Durability: PVC is able to withstand almost all nonorganic chemicals, meaning that water, especially salt water, will not be too corrosive for the material. It is a great, long-lasting material designed to last decades.
- Flexibility: PVC is a versatile material that can be used for a variety of applications. It is a thermoplastic, which means that it can be softened and reshaped over and over again. Softening PVC allows for flexibility and the ability to shape the PVC into whatever form you need.
- Non-conductivity: PVC is not a conductor, so it provides added safety in marine applications. There is no danger of electricity being conducted when working in the water.
- Cost-Effective: PVC is a mass-market material and available for a low cost, making the material a more economical decision. The low price also leaves room for additional customization, like a special weather-resistant finish.
Contact Crescent Plastics for Maintenance-Free PVC for Marine Applications
Crescent Plastics is a leading extruded plastic manufacturer for many applications, and we have decades of experience working with durable plastic materials. Our weather resistant PVC is the ideal material to use for boat lifts, boat guides, and other waterfront systems.